If you are a canine rehab professional, you'll want to make sure you're using the best professional-quality canine-specific rehab tools on the market. FitPAWS® Canine Conditioning Equipment is designed specifically for the canine market. Our products are of the highest quality material and field-tested by rehab and conditioning professionals before we add them to our product line.
FitPAWS® is an official sponsor of the University of Tennessee's Certificate Program in Canine Rehabilitation (the first and only university based animal rehab certification program since 1999.) Our FitPAWS® Canine Conditioning Equipment is used in UT's teaching labs and by UT's faculty.
Canine Rehabilitation Equipment
FitPAWS® in the canine rehab environment:
- In-Clinic presurgery strengthening and post-surgery rehab
- At-Home compliance
"I first starting using exercise balls about fifteen years ago with my dog clients," says Dr. Saunders. "It started with conditioning clients - to work on their overall core strength and tone. And then progressed to neurological clients - dogs that had had back surgery or we were trying to prevent it. It then expanded to just about every canine condition from the veterinary component to the conditioning component. Currently, approximately 95% of the clients coming in to the clinic use the ball or related components as part of their regular program and their homework…" ~ Dr. Debbie Gross Saunders, Founding Instructor at UT Certificate Program in Canine Rehabilitation.
Canine rehabilitation professionals and veterinarians can use the FitPAWS® equipment within their clinic for diagnosing weak or imbalanced muscular structure as well as part of their rehab services for post-surgery/injury recovery. Once the patient is ready to go home, the FitPAWS® Canine Conditioning Equipment makes it easy for the owners to continue the prescribed canine therapeutic exercises at home to increase the chance for a full recovery. Rehab professionals can either choose to wholesale and stock the equipment to resale to your patients for at-home compliance or you can refer your patients to Ball Dynamics or anyone of our authorized FitPAWS® dealers.
Veterinarians and canine rehab professionals are also incorporating many wellness and preventative programs into their services and product offerings. FitPAWS Canine Conditioning Equipment can be an integral part of general wellness, weight loss, and athletic conditioning programs as well as adding a valuable revenue stream to your retail products offerings.
There are several FitPAWS® products that are especially appropriate for a clinical setting.
- Keeps recovering dogs safe, in position, and helps control movement while rehabbing on top of FitPAWS® products.
- Water-resistant, three D-ring Harness is used for rehabbing on land treadmills, underwater treadmills and hydrotherapy pools. (Not a flotation device)
- Low-impact balance and weight bearing tool for dogs recovering from injury or post-operation.
- Place balance pads side by side, front and back or use 4 FitPAWS Balance Pads for larger dogs.
- Balance pad is made from closed-cell foam, impervious to water for under-water therapy.
- Increases coordination, balance, strength, endurance, proprioception, reflexes and gait.
- Encourages use of limbs.
- Use to improve proprioception, weight bearing issues and beginning balance therapy post injury.
- Low balance challenge (1.5" center fulcrum bar)
- Padded, non-slip textured surface mat. (dampens sound of board hitting floor, removes for easy cleaning, and is replaceable when it wears out)
- Balance and sensory training tool used for core strengthening, weight bearing therapy, and stabilizing weak areas.
- Sensory points on one side of the disc provide neurosensory stimulation for the dog's paw pads and additional grip ability for grip challenged dogs.
- Lower to the ground than a Peanut; use for weight bearing therapy for large dogs who need to work on front or hind end issues.
- Multi-Directional movement for an increased stability challenge.
- The FitPAWS® Holder compliments the Donut providing additional stabilization post injury, and to assist beginners.
- An excellent tool for small dogs!